Neomem® ECM | Processed porcine mesothelial tissue in sheet form
Neomem® ECM is an extracellular matrix in sheet form with a combination of strength and tissue regeneration properties with minimal antigens. Because Neomem® ECM is more than just collagen, the extra proteins support soft tissue healing and remodelling into natural tissue as the matrix is absorbed.
The Extracellular Matrix (ECM) is a three-dimensional network of extracellular macromolecules, such as collagen, enzymes, and glycoproteins.1 ECM has been found to support regrowth and healing of tissue.2
Neomem ECM maintains it’s desirable structural characteristics for cellular proliferation, ideal for the following applications:
- Guided tissue regeneration procedures in periodontal defects
- Augmentation around implants
- Provides architecture and protection for bone regeneration and soft tissue aesthetics
- Alveolar ridge reconstruction for prosthetic treatment
1. David M Hoganson, Gwen E Owens, Elisabeth M O’Doherty, Chris M Bowley, Scott M Goldman, Dina O Harilal, Craig M Neville, Russell T Kronengold, Joseph P Vacanti. Preserved extracellular matrix components and retained biological activity in decellularized porcine mesothelium. Biomaterials. 2010 (27): 6934-40. | 2. Huleihel L, Hussey GS, Naranjo JD, Zhang L, Dziki JL, Turner NJ, Stolz DB, Badylak SF (June 2016). “Matrix-bound nanovesicles within ECM bioscaffolds”. Science Advances. 2 (6): e1600502. Bibcode:2016SciA....2E0502H. doi:10.1126/sciadv.1600502. PMC 4928894. PMID 27386584. “Pitt researchers solve mystery on how regenerative medicine works”. EurekAlert!. Retrieved 2017-03-01.
- Cytokines retained in preparation include:
• Vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF), fibroblast growth factor (FGF)and transforming growth factor beta (TGF-beta)
• Levels of VEGF and TGF-beta in Neomem ECM shown to be higher than those found in decellularized small intestinal submucosa (SIS)*
Natural structure preserved
- Techniques used for processing and sterilization of the ECM maintains its desirable structural characteristics for cellular proliferation throughout the membrane.
Excellent handling characteristics
- Drapes easily to surgical site without adhering to itself
- Sheet form ECM have natural elasticity charateristics
3 year shelf life from date of sterilization
Resorption time: 6 months
Neomem® ECM is available in membranes of:
- 15x20 mm
- 20x30 mm
- 30x40 mm