Biotex® | The soft PTFE monofilament suture
Biotex® Suture is a non-absorbable monofilament made of 100% medical grade polytetrafluoroethylene (PTFE). Biotex Suture is an ideal suture for dental bone grafting and implant procedures that desire a soft monofilament suture.
Features & Benefits
· 100% Medical Grade PTFE
· Excellent Tissue Healing*
· Nonwicking Monofilament
· Maintains High Tensile Strength
· Soft, Patient Comfortable Suture
· Superior Handling
· Flexible and easy to knot
· Easy to remove
* La Scala G, Lleo MdM. Suture in Odontoiatria. Fill tradizionali e in PTFE (Sutures in dentistry. Traditional and PTFE materials).
Dental Cadmos 1990;58(14):54-59.
“In particular, reduced bacterial adhesion to PTFE compared to braided silk was demonstrated, and this characteristic appeared even more marked after an extended stay of the materials in the oral cavity.”
Biotex is available in sutures of:
• USP 3-0 | 16 mm | 3/8 Circle Reverse cutting Needle | BT3016
• USP 3-0 | 19 mm | 3/8 Circle Reverse cutting Needle | BT3019
• USP 4-0 | 16 mm | 3/8 Circle Reverse Cutting Needle | BT4016
• USP 4-0 | 19 mm | 3/8 Circle Reverse Cutting Needle | BT4019
• USP 4-0 | 13 mm | 3/8 Circle Reverse Cutting Needle | BT4013
• USP 5-0 | 13 mm | 3/8 Circle Reverse Cutting Needle | BT5013
• USP 4-0 | 13 mm | 1/2 Circle Taper Point Needle | BTP4013