PentOS OI™ Flex | 100% Allograft Flexible Veneer Graft
Demineralized, osteoinductive 100% cortical bone veneer graft. When hydrated the veneer graft becomes pliable and easily adapts to graft sites that would be difficult to treat with particulate or putty grafts.
- Onlay grafting for the repair of shallow bone defects or bone loss
- To augment thin or missing bone over root form implants
- Orbital floor repair
- Cases where it is difficult to place particulate grafts
All PentOS OI™ allografts must demonstrate all five elements of bone formation before they are released for use.
1. New bone
New bone is the final step in the maturation of the product.
2. Bone marrow
The presence of bone marrow indicates the ability of the product to differentiate into osteoblasts, chondrocytes, cartilage and new bone.
Osteocytes are derived from osteoblasts, or bone forming cells, and are essentially osteoblasts surrounded by the products they secreted.
Cartilage is replaced by bone during ossification in the higher vertebrates. It is indicative that the bone formation is forthcoming.
A Chondrocyte is a unique cell type in articular cartilage tissue and is essential for cartilage formation and functionality. It arises from mesenchymal stem cells.
Post sterilization in-vivo testing on each lot must demonstrate the presence of new bone, bone marrow, osteocytes, cartilage and chondrocytes within 28 days in an athymic rat model otherwise we don’t call it PentOS OI™.
In-vitro tests of PentOS OI™ have demonstrated native levels of BMP-2 up to 19 times the native levels in the control.
- Pliable and adapts easily to graft sites
- Ideally suited for onlay grafting
- Can be used to augment thin or missing bone over root form implants
- Can be fixated with screws
- Sterilized using low-dose gamma irradiation
- 5 year shelf life at ambient storage
PentOS OI™ Flex is available in:
- 10x10 mm
- 15x15 mm
- 17x10 mm