100% Allograft Hydratable Inductive Matrix
Create your customized osteoinductive graft by combining PentOS OI™ Max, a 100% allograft Inductive Collagen Matrix (ICM) with your choice of blood, BMA, PRP, I-PRF or simply saline to form a moldable graft that is:
· Cell friendly
· Independent laboratory in vitro studies show to be able to maintain between 96% and 116% cell viability after 72 hours
PentOS OI™ Max is an osteoinductive matrix - not diluted by any carriers.
Proven to form bone. Every time. It’s that simple!
All PentOS OI™ allografts must demonstrate all five elements of bone formation before they are released for use.
1. New bone
New bone is the final step in the maturation of the product.
2. Bone marrow
The presence of bone marrow indicates the ability of the product to differentiate into osteoblasts, chondrocytes, cartilage and new bone.
Osteocytes are derived from osteoblasts, or bone forming cells, and are essentially osteoblasts surrounded by the products they secreted.
Cartilage is replaced by bone during ossification in the higher vertebrates. It is indicative that the bone formation is forthcoming.
A Chondrocyte is a unique cell type in articular cartilage tissue and is essential for cartilage formation and functionality. It arises from mesenchymal stem cells.
Post sterilization in-vivo testing on each lot must demonstrate the presence of new bone, bone marrow, osteocytes, cartilage and chondrocytes within 28 days in an athymic rat model otherwise we don’t call it PentOS OI™.
In-vitro tests of PentOS OI™ have demonstrated native levels of BMP-2 up to 19 times the native levels in the control.
Features & Benefits
· Mixed graft can be extruded through a syringe
· Demonstrated Osteoinductivity
- up to 40x native BMP vs the BMP-2 control
- each lot histologically demonstrates all 5 elements of bone formation
· pH balanced – non cytotoxic
· Shown to form bone post-sterilization in-vivo
· Resists copious irrigation
· 5 year shelf life at ambient storage
PentOS OI Max is available in jars of:
· 0.5 cc
· 1.0 cc
· 2.5 cc